The fault indicator installed on the transmission and distribution lines, power cables, and switch cabinet inlet and outlet lines plays a very important role in the current flow line. Once the line fails, the line patrol personnel can use the alarm display of the indicator light to quickly determine The location of the fault, so as to eliminate the fault in time.
Another important accessory used in the fault indicator is the battery for battery life. The battery life product used in the traditional fault indicator is a disposable lithium battery or a relatively small-capacity rechargeable battery.
However, here comes a problem. This old-fashioned fault indicator has no communication function. Although it consumes less power, it is not intelligent enough to quickly determine the location after the fault occurs.
Since the appearance of supercapacitors, many manufacturers of fault indicators have turned their attention to supercapacitors and developed new products. The fault indicator with a built-in supercapacitor module not only has a communication module.
The new fault location device has a built-in communication module and a charging device to supply power to it. Because of the communication module, the power consumption is relatively large. With a disposable lithium battery, the energy cannot meet the power consumption requirements.
Advantages of Supercapacitors in Fault Indicators
Rechargeable batteries have a limited life span. Outdoor application conditions are harsh. Therefore, taking advantage of the following properties, supercapacitors are very suitable for fault indicators application.
- Recyclable charging, maintenance-free: no maintenance is required, which can reduce labor costs, achieve maintenance-free, and can be stably charged repeatedly.
- The service life of supercapacitors: up to 1,000,000 times of deep charge and discharge
- High charging and discharging efficiency: The charging and discharging efficiency of supercapacitors is as high as 90% or more, while the charging and discharging efficiency of batteries is much lower. When the energy obtained is not enough, it cannot provide the energy required for the reliable operation of the equipment.
- Absorbing weak and small currents: When the capacitor-capacitor composite scheme is used, the charging current of the current transformer and the solar panel is very small, and the supercapacitor can absorb the small current, which can better charge it and improve the energy collection efficiency.
- Green environmental protection: Supercapacitors do not use heavy metals and other harmful substances in the production process, and are a new type of green environmental protection device.
- Wide temperature range: The working temperature range of the supercapacitor is between -40–65 degrees Celsius, and it works normally under high and low temperatures.
In conclusion, ZTT Supercapacitor 5.5V modules are perfectly suited for fault indicators. Feel free to visit our website Product Pages for more details, or send detailed requests to us at firstname.lastname@example.org